There are presently no open calls for submissions.
OPEN CALL: INTERNATIONAL RESIDENCIES
FOR SAUDI-BASED ARTISTS
With the support of private patrons, Athr is pleased to offer residencies in New York, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin and Beirut to Saudi-based artists.
At a time of renewed openness in Saudi Arabia, Athr would like to offer its creative community, led by artists, the opportunity to engage with an international art discourse and exchange cultural values and artistic influences.
- Residency Unlimited, New York
- ISCP, New York
- Can Serrat, Barcelona
- Bethanien, Berlin
- Al Mansouria Atelier at Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris
- Beirut Art Residency, Beirut
The programmes will begin in Fall 2019 and Winter 2020, and vary from 3 to 6 months in length depending on the residency.
Saturday, March 31, 2019 - Midnight UTC+3
The selection will be made by a jury consisting of art professionals who have a long history and expertise in art and culture in the Gulf and its visual language. Short-listed artists will then be selected by the directors of the residencies.
The 6 finalists will be informed by April.
Athr and its patrons will provide:
- Accommodation and studio space for each artist;
- A tailored experience designed to support the production of new work, if so desired by the artist. The production of new work is not mandatory;
- Studio visits with arts professionals;
- Immersion with international resident artists community;
- Field trips and other community building activities organized for the residents.
Please note that the airfare and health insurance are to be borne by the artists themselves